Better understand the resources to better use them
A resource quota is allocated to each Nova project.
This determines what can be used to create and manage virtual machine instances.
List of available ressources:
- virtual machine instances
- VCUPs - Virtual Central Processing Unit: processors that are assigned to virtual machines.
- RAM - Random Access Memory
- floating ip adresses : public and routable ip addresses that can be assigned to instances.
- security groups : allows you to define a set of ip filtering rules to limit access to instances from the outside world.
- volumes : storage devices that can be attached to an instance.
- storage of volumes : overall storage capacity for the project.